Winter in Toronto, Canada is absolutely gorgeous. When we are blessed with a white Christmas and snow over the winter months – it just sets the perfect backdrop and mood to the holiday season. The snow, the holiday spirit, the frozen lake and all that sparkles and glitters makes Toronto the perfect place to be in these colder months of the year – and a great place to throw a fabulous winter wedding! Here are our 10 top reasons why you should consider a winter wedding:
1. It’s unique. Most of your family and friends would not dare think about hosting their wedding in the winter months due to the cold, the perceived “hassle” and/or the natural gravitation toward a spring or summer affair. Your wedding will stand-out and give everyone an opportunity to experience something different as well as something to look forward to in the colder months, where people are usually hibernating. If you love the outdoors and are a fan of history, the rustic decor and are a totally fun couple with a guest count of no more than 180 guests – a unique venue to hold your event would be Black Creek Pioneer Village. They can even pull out the sleigh rides to transport your guests from the Ceremony site to the Reception site – how fun is that?
Source: The Wedding Opera & Photographer: boygirlphotography
2. Venues are available for your wedding date. Because most people tend to book Spring and Summer weddings, you will likely have first choice on your venues and not have to worry about 10 different venues telling you that they’re all booked up for your date. The winter months are considered low-season in Toronto’s wedding industry, so you can expect to have maximum room for negotiation when it comes to rental fees. Menus and bar packages can also be more affordable as well – so all in all, being able to save money to put toward other aspects of your wedding is always a good thing!
3. You get your pick of vendors. We’ve seen some vendors including photographers and floral and decor designers, who can offer incentives from 10-15% off-season pricing. Winter weddings can be incredibly creative and they are as excited as you to work on the wedding! Even if their pricing is reduced, their quality remains high. With demand for winter wedding being lower during winter months, if they are able to pass on some savings to the right couple, they will happily do so. Win-win for everybody!
4. You get to wear a beautiful bolero. We’ve always loved the elegant look and feel of a bolero, and not to mention its practical purpose of covering your shoulders and keeping you just that bit warmer as you’re out and about taking your beautiful wedding photos.
5. You can take photos like this, with the frozen lake as your backdrop. This magical moment here. Where you’re standing on the frozen lake with just you and your beau. Perfectly captured by Andes Lo Photography.
Source: Andes Lo Photography
6. You have an endless choice of weddings themes and styles, fitting for a winter wedding. It can range anywhere from Winter Wonderland with an all-white frosted white affair, a warm rustic-elegance feel with a pop of cranberry colour, or an ultra-glam glitzy sparkle black-tie affair. The options are endless, and perfectly suited for the winter months!
Source: Pinterest & jwevents
7. Fun Interactive Stations. DIY Hot chocolate bar? Spanish Coffee Station? S’mores Station? Bringing the campsite memories back in a tasteful and fun way!
Source: rusticweddingchic.com & Jessica Fairchild Photography
8. Winter weddings call for Excellent Entertainment and a Great Dance Party. There’s nothing like a live band to create a great atmosphere and inject a lively energy in the room to keep people engaged around the dinner table and then right onto the dance floor late into the night. Let’s also make it snow on the dance shall while we’re at, shall we?
Source: Pinterest & Christmas Lights Etc.
9. L-O-V-E. The cold naturally brings people together to hug it out and stick together. People are generally in better moods over the holidays, it’s easier for them to take time off work and what better way to bring everyone together than a wedding to celebrate LOVE? Sometimes we get so busy in our everyday lives that we don’t take the time to slow down and appreciate what we have or to show how grateful we are for everyone we have around us. The holidays and winter months definitely create that opportunity for us to love a little more. <3
10. You get to jet-set to a sunny honeymoon destination. After your amazing winter wedding and all the work you put in to making it fabulous, it’s time for a break, and what better way to treat yourself than to a sunny, tropical destination? We’re thinking Jamaica, with their yummy tropical fruits and second to none hospitality… ya mon!
There you have it! Our top 10 reasons why *you* should consider a winter wonderland wedding. If you’re considering planning a Winter Wedding, we’ d love to hear from you 🙂
Have a wonderful holiday season and Happy Planning!
Certified Wedding Planner, Wonder Chic Events
Wonder Chic Events is the wedding planner for urban, stylish and fun couples. We would love to be your right-hand partner in helping you plan your big day from the moment you say “Yes” to the Proposal until the day you say ‘I Do” down the aisle. Contact us today for a complimentary initial meeting to discuss your beautiful, unique and heartfelt day with us over coffee/tea at a location that is convenient for you. Let us take care of the details big and small, so that you can fully enjoy your wedding day, from sunrise to nightfall.