The wedding and events industry is filled with creatives, and there’s always something new around the corner.
Recently, I got introduced to a Toronto wedding poet, Alan Borenstein, of www.torontopoet.com. Alan has been writing poems at events for over a year now. He chats with guests at a table for a minute or two and then writes them a 4-10 line poem that they can take home.
How it works best is when a couple tells him a bit about themselves, so they can see how the poem comes together within the context of the information they’ve provided. Alan writes most of his poems within 5 minutes.
I gave Alan a description of one of my recent couples, Maria & Evan:
They are a fun-loving, easy-going, couple, and are both very family-oriented (Maria with her sister and parents) and Evan (with his 3 brothers and parents). Here’s a little more information in the couple’s own words:
1) We met at a club through friends. I fell In love with his ability to dance and fun and easy going spirit.
2) Our first date was at Kelsey’s. Great smooth conversations. Connected right away!
3) Symbolic locations include: Niagara Falls, Distillery District, anywhere near the water (fishing), Karoake bars, football stadiums, New York City.
4) The proposal was at Niagara on the Lake. (Bike riding)
5) We both enjoy: The Walking Dead, Deadpool, Everest, Football Games, Point Break
6) Adventurous, Easy-Going and Chill, Sense of Humour (Goofiness), Huge Foodies, organized chaos.
7) Maria- punctuality, by the books, sports (active), suburban, drinker
Evan- laid-back, street-smart, very creative, more into pop-culture and arts, urban, non-drinker (my DD for life 🙂
8) We both enjoy the outdoors, travelling, fishing and foodies! He loves photography and fun, urban and bold, colourful shots!
How cool is this? Would you consider wedding poetry at your wedding? It would definitely add a certain uniqueness to your big day, and you will surely be the first of your friends to have something like this to add to the guest experience!
*Photo credit (1): Lux PhotoBooths
*Photo credit (2-3): Chelsey Byng
Certified Wedding Planner, Wonder Chic Events
Wonder Chic Events is the wedding planner for urban, stylish and fun couples. We would love to be your right-hand partner in helping you plan your big day from the moment you say “Yes” to the Proposal until the day you say ‘I Do” down the aisle. Contact us today for a complimentary initial meeting to discuss your beautiful, unique and heartfelt day with us over coffee/tea at a location that is convenient for you. Let us take care of the details so you can spend quality time with each of your lovely guests and enjoy your wedding day with peace of mind!