In Toronto and area, we have some of the best wedding shows, the problem is, there is SO many of them, and then once you attend the show, there’s more vendors to chose from.
Which one should you go to, and which one can you skip?
One of the benefits of hiring Wonder Chic Events for your full-planning services from the get-go, include saving you time (and sanity) from the shows, as we already have a wonderfully talented, trusted and reliable vendor base to choose from, but if you’re up for it, these are some of our favourite shows for you to check out and get some ideas!
5 Wedding Shows We Recommend:
For the Largest Bridal Show Complete with Venues and Limo Buses on Exhibit:
January 6-8, 2017 | For the Classic Wedding | Canada’s Bridal Show
For the “Wow Factor” Inspiration and Best in Luxury Wedding:
January 15, 2017 | 2017 WedLuxe Wedding Show | Wanderlust
For the Classic Wedding with a Mix of Every Vendor Category:
February 3-5, 2017 | National Bridal Show
For the Local-Loving, Feel-Good Wedding:
February 26, 2017 | The Wedding Co. Market
For the Savvy, Stylish, Modern Day Wedding:
April 22-23, 2017 | Unveiled The Weddingbells Show
Photo from Canada’s Bridal Show 2016 | ChriLee Photography Booth
10 Tips on How to Navigate a Wedding Show:
1. Do a bit of research ahead of time. Check out the show’s website, which will list the exhibitors and where they’re located, and plan your route accordingly – to save you time and overwhelm. It can be quite daunting to walk down the aisles upon aisles of vendors are hoping to catch your attention and chat with you. If you’re going about your way, keep going – but offering a small smile and quick nod of acknowledgement would be a kind gesture!
2. Bring a friend or your fiancé – it’s always a good idea to have a second opinion (and an extra set of hands!) when you’re sure to be collecting a lot of marketing and promotional material from the showcasing vendors. We don’t suggest bringing an entourage, especially as booths can be quite tiny, and when it’s a bigger group, there are sure to be a few restless bodies after an hour into the show or so – and that might affect what you were hoping to accomplish at the show.
3. Bring a notepad and a pen, as well as some sort of identifier that separates the bag of vendors you like and the ones you don’t like as much – so you can easily refer to the “good bag” once you get home and sift through the material. Jot down any notes you find helpful or unique when speaking to a vendor.
4. Print off sticker labels with your name, address and contact information (phone number and email), so that you can just peel off a sticker and hand it over to a vendor you’d like to contact you post-show. This way, you’re not spending precious minutes at each booth writing the same information over and over again!
5. Be prepared with questions. With the vendors the pique your interest, be sure to have a few questions ready to ask them, to gauge whether they might be a good fit for you and your wedding. In addition to asking if they are available for your wedding date, get to know them and their business – “What do you love about your job?”, “What professional training have you had?”, “What’s the craziest thing that ever happened to you on a wedding day and how did you handle it?”
6. Ask about any show specials or contests the particular vendor is offering. We’ve found that photography and cake vendors have been popular choices where couples have enjoyed what was being offered and the person they were speaking to, and booked on the spot to take advantage of show specials. It’s okay to also take your time, look around and then come back to that vendor or contact them post-show – you should always take the time to make an educated decision.
7. Enjoy a fashion show. It’s nice to give your legs a break before you start walking again. You might just catch a style that you like and want to inquire about the designer or how you can go about getting the particular gown custom-made.
8. Just have fun with it! If you’re the type of person who loves to peruse every booth – leave yourself ample time (i.e. a half-day) and remember that there’s booths on either side of you. Follow a consistent pattern and keep going straight, and avoid going back and forth. Stop for samples and nibbles, have a friendly conversation with your favourite vendors and get to know them, and above all, remember to come with an open mind, stay hydrated and leave with a smile!
Certified Wedding Planner, Wonder Chic Events
Wonder Chic Events is the wedding planner for urban, stylish and fun couples. We would love to be your right-hand partner in helping you plan your big day from the moment you say “Yes” to the Proposal until the day you say ‘I Do” down the aisle. Contact us today for a complimentary initial meeting to discuss your beautiful, unique and heartfelt day with us over coffee/tea at a location that is convenient for you. Let us take care of the details so you can spend quality time with each of your lovely guests and enjoy your wedding day with peace of mind!